Frequently Asked Questions
Who are our swimming instructors?
- We have an excellent team of experienced instructors.
- All our instructors are DBS checked.
- All our instructors follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme.
How many SWIMMERS in a class?
- Puffin – Stage 2 have a maximum of 6 swimmers in a class, with an instructor on the poolside and in the water.
- Stages 3 – Gold have an average of 7 swimmers with an instructor on the poolside, with an additional instructor in the water if required.
How do I pay or re-enrol for lessons?
- Payments are made a term in advance via Chip & Pin (cash/cheque are also accepted).
- Should you need to change the time or day of lessons please contact us.
How much do lessons cost?
- Please contact us directly for lesson prices.
- If a swimmer joins mid-way through a course, payment is made for the remainder of the course.
Do lessons run all year round?
Lessons are term time only in accordance with Hertfordshire schools.
WHAT IS YOUR POLICY ON PHOTOGRAPHING MY CHILD?
In accordance with our child protection policy, photographing or videoing is not allowed at Splash! Swim School.
WHAT CHANGING FACILITIES DO YOU HAVE?
- Both venues have separate male & female changing rooms.
- Children, once aged 7, must use the changing room correct for their gender regardless of adult accompaniment.
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR?
A one piece costume, swimming hat and goggles. Bikinis, two piece costumes and baggy board shorts are not permitted.
CAN I WATCH THE LESSONS?
- Some viewing is available, neither of our venues allow parents on poolside.
- Parents are required to remain on site for the duration of their child’s lesson.
WHAT IF MY CHILD IS UNWELL OR HAS A COLD?
It is not wise to bring your child swimming with anything more than a cold.
MY CHILD HAS BEEN ILL WITH SICKNESS AND/OR DIARRHOEA, WHEN CAN THEY RETURN TO SWIMMING?
Anyone who has had sickness/diarrhoea should not swim for at least 48 hours.
MY CHILD HAS BEEN ILL WITH CHICKEN POX, WHEN CAN THEY RETURN TO SWIMMING?
Any child that has had chicken pox should not return to lessons until two weeks after the last spot has scabbed over.
IF MY CHILD HAS BEEN ILL OR CANNOT ATTEND A LESSON, CAN THIS BE REPLACED?
Sorry we do not offer replacement lessons.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF POOL CLOSURES?
In the event of a pool closure, we will always endeavour to contact you promptly by telephone call or text.